Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mother knows Best!!

I love making YouTube videos. I wish I could paid to do this, I try to make new ones weekly I can't always because I run out of ideas or time. But anyone can check them out on my page at http://www.youtube.com/user/VIDSBYME78 Here is one that I wanted to post because it is on peoples minds. It is entitled Get Well soon! It talks about how Brian Littrell's (from the Backstreet Boys)little boy Baylee was diagnosed with Kawasaki Disease! It basically is an illness that involves the skin, mouth, and lymph nodes, and most often affects kids under age 5. The cause is unknown, but if the symptoms are recognized early, kids with Kawasaki disease can fully recover within a few days. Untreated, it can lead to serious complications that can affect the heart. Their little boy is 6 and they took him to the doctor who thought it was strep throat. Then his symptoms got worse and they had to take him somewhere else to get the RIGHT diagnoses. My boy is 5 and this just makes me wonder when the doctor diagnoses something how do you know when it is right or when to seek extra advice? It also shows me a mother's intuition, Leighanne (Brian's wife)knew her little boy wasn't getting better so they took him elsewhere. If you think your kid is sick don't hesitate if you need to get a second opinion a mother knows best!!

No comments: